1 kg lean pork
Seasoning: 2 clove Garlic – blended/ground,
1/2 tsp five-spice powder,
1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce,
1/2 tsp pepper,
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp. butter
4-5 tbsp. Rewarewa honey
1. Slice pork thinly and knock each slices to tenderise it.
2. Add seasoning, place pork slices in a container, and leave it in the fridge for at least 5 hours to marinade.
3. Arrange thin pieces of pork onto a flat plate to dry.
4. When dry, cut pork slices into squares of about 10 cm.
5. Barbecue the square pork slices with burning charcoal until both sides are golden in colour.
6. Glaze the slices with honey from time to time.
7. Cooled barbecued slices can be stored in the refrigerator freezer for a few weeks.
About the Chef
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise